Liposculpture (Lipomatic) means slimming, filling and reshaping specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits or transferring to desired areas. Liposculpture is frequently confused with liposuction, but it’s a different operation in terms of the technique which focuses on correcting the contour. Considered as a weight loss method by most women, this application only provides correction in the problematic areas. While liposuction’s word meaning is a fat intake process, the word meaning of liposculpture is removing the fatty tissue to fix and aesthetically reshape the area.
The Liposculpture has become one of the most popular aesthetic operations. Lipomatic technique was recently developed for solving several problems. The principle of operation is the propagation of oscillation wave energy created by compressed air to the cannula, so that it can dislodge only the fat globules. So, they can be more easily extracted from the body through the tube in shorter time.
- Active security system, stopping when non-fatty tissues are met
- Less traumatic (major reduction of bruises and edemas)
- A better aspect of the skin (excellent skin retraction)
- Easier and less tiring work for a plastic surgeon which means a more precise and gentle procedure for a patient
- Shorter operative time
- Less painful
- More rapid recovery
Liposculpture works best if you have good skin elasticity, which is generally true for those who are younger, have darker skin tones, don’t smoke, and don’t have much sun damage. The ideal candidate is close to their ideal weight and has a BMI under 30. It may not work well if you have weakened muscles or loose skin from age or pregnancy.
Types of liposculpture:
Liposculpture generally takes between two and four hours. You will receive local anesthesia and may receive oral sedation. If the area is larger, you’ll receive general anesthesia or intravenous sedation.After the surgery is complete, you might stay at the treatment center overnight. Usually only one treatment is needed to achieve the results you desire.
There are three techniques for tumescent Liposculpture:
- Power-assisted Liposculpture (PAL) uses a vibrating tool to help break down fat faster and remove it more easily.
- Ultrasound-assisted Liposculpture (UAL) melts fat with ultrasonic energy through a hand piece. This makes it easier to remove large amounts of fat, but takes longer.
- Laser-assisted Liposculpture melts fat through low-energy waves. This procedure also takes longer.